Many tourists are unaware of this amazing secret that can help one save thousands of dollars on a monthly basis, especially if he travels a lot. If you do travel a lot, try to keep this principle in mind – book more, pay less. Additionally, there are other things you can do in order to get a cheaper flight. Some of these secret tips are:
1. Check for Tweets: if you do not have a Twitter account, you should make one, especially if you want to travel soon. Best deals usually last only for a couple of hours, especially as more and more airline companies are tweeting their special deals. Be prepared to go wherever it’s cheap instead of waiting for the right offer for your special destination.
2. Sign up for Email Alerts: there are tens of airline companies in each country that offer amazing last minute flight deals. However, sometimes you don’t have to spend your precious time looking for them. All you have to do is to sign up for their newsletters and then verify your email address on a daily basis. Even if your inbox might look like a landing page of a large airline corporation, it is worth it! One last tip – remember to keep your eyes open for last minute deals, especially on Tuesday afternoon. By this point most weekend flights are fully booked. Conversely, if they still have a lot of empty seats, the offers will start pouring in.
3. Choose your Credit Card Wisely: in case you have a good credit score, you can capitalize on the benefits offered by an airline credit card. With this card, you can get rewards such as air miles, bonus points and price cut-offs. Use these cards for daily purchases and your points will start building up.
4. Fly Out Early: according to the airline agencies, the first flights in the morning are usually cheaper than those during the night or in the afternoon. Early in the morning is the best time to find affordable and cheap deals.
5. Make the Most out of the 24-hour Rule: lastly, in order to get a cheap flight, sometimes it is wise to cancel your flight 24 hours prior departure. Most airlines offer a full refund if you cancel at least one day before departure, so make sure you check the price of the flights you have already booked using Skyscanner or other online tools. If you find another offer more attractive, cancel the original flight and book the cheaper one.
Getting a cheaper flight is one of the best ways to save money when travelling, without losing your comfort and without endangering your trip. Above all, remember the tip mentioned in the beginning – book more, pay less! Bon voyage!